iTind is a minimally invasive and clinically proven treatment that provides rapid and effective relief from enlarged prostate (BPH) symptoms.
The treatment involves the implantation of a small device into the prostate for 5-7 days, after which it is completely removed. Once the iTind has been implanted, it expands and applies gentle pressure, remodelling the tissue and creating a wider channel through which urine can flow.
There is no permanent implant, heating or removal of the prostate tissue.
The major advantages of using the iTind device are:
- Preserves sexual and ejaculatory function
- Preserves urinary continence
- Routinely urinary catheter free
- There is no permanent implant
- No requirement for General Anæsthesia - a procedure using Local Anaesthesia or Light Sedation, alone is now more common.
- Rapid and effective symptom relief.
- Durable results.
- Rapid return to daily life and work in days, opposed to week and months.
You can read more about iTIND in this patient leaflet